5 Tips on How to Have a Liver-Healthy Thanksgiving
Hope everyone had a beautiful and blessed, yet the holiday season is not over yet. It’s a lovely time of the year, yet we must be mindful that all the delicious food we eat can take a toll on our health.
Here are simple tips you can incorporate at any time to help you get through the party season:
1. Limit Alcohol Intake: Not easy… I know. Try to stick to water when not at a party or gathering. Moderation and give your liver a break from time to time.
2. Eat Foods That Heal: Certain foods help to detoxify and protect your liver. These include turmeric, garlic, green tea, avocados, berries, and leafy greens. The antioxidants in these foods help to protect your liver cells from damage.
3. Get Enough Sleep: Getting enough sleep is crucial for overall health; it’s essential for healing the liver. During sleep, your body produces a hormone called IGF-1 that helps to repair cell damage. So ensure you get 7-8 hours of restful sleep every night.
4. Reduce Stress Levels: Chronic stress can affect your entire body, including your liver. Try to find ways to relax and reduce stress in your life. This could include yoga, meditation, time in nature, a sauna session, or breathwork.
5. Exercise Regularly: Exercise has many bodily benefits, including improved liver function. It helps to increase blood flow and stimulates the production of enzymes that detoxify the body. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week.
These are just a couple of my favorite GO-To’s I follow to help my liver stay healthy.
It does not have to be complicated. Keep in mind that simple things can give your liver the support it needs to function optimally.
To your health 🌱